Показано с 1 по 4 из 4

Тема: Костюм рептилоида

[7]мегаэксперт

Радость Костюм рептилоида

Here's our creature concept for the indie horror-comedy Don't Let The Riverbeast Get You! The script called for the Riverbeast, a legendary Bigfoot-type monster, but one that lives in the river.

We've already finished the Riverbeast costume (just in time for shooting!), so critiques are fine; just know that I can't do much about that now! I'll post progress shots every few days... starting with the concept sketch.

Don't Let The Riverbeast Get You! by Gregory Kochan, on Flickr

Gregory
    www.gregorykochan.com

For the Riverbeast body, we started with a wetsuit that we had custom tailored to the actor's measurements. (I have to mention that, during this whole build, we only had e-mail measurements of the actor... he wasn't available until the end... when the suit was finished!) On top of the wetsuit, we added lots of scales... almost 2,000 of them. My partner, Melissa, did a great job with all of this. Here is some progress on the hand-painting of the scales:

While the suit was being built, I was sculpting the head. I started with a basic wood/wire armature roughly the measurements of the actor. I worked up the basic shape in regular pottery clay in a few hours, took an overnight break from it, and then refined the detail the following morning. The sculpt definitely differs a bit from the sketch, but doesn't that almost always happen? I think it's an improvement over the sketch:

I made a two-part mold out of... plaster of paris. From Lowe's. I mixed a little Acryl 60 in for good measure. If I was pulling 15 urethane casts I would've definitely used something better, but I knew I was only doing one latex pull!
    Here is progress on the Riverbeast suit before the actor came in for his test fitting. Melissa did a great job fixing all those scales onto the wetsuit!

For the hands, I used a pair of gloves and built on top of that, adding claws, scales & webbing. Ditto for the feet; we started with diving fins and then added to that.

The head is cast in latex, thinner in some areas for jiggle-ness and then backed up with burlap in other areas for stiffness. He's painted with a latex/acrylic paint mix, sort of a budget PAX.

The entire Riverbeast suit was then tied together with one master paint/scenic job; the challenging part was that since every piece of the suit was a different material, we had to use different paints for adhesion. Bonus points if anybody can guess what type of fish we used as color reference...

Finally, here are some on-set photos of the Riverbeast doing his thing in the woods of New England...

Миниатюры Миниатюры Нажмите на изображение для увеличения. 

Название:	6358974791_daf493acfc_b.jpg 
Просмотров:	1124 
Размер:	274.0 Кб 
ID:	7176  
    Последний раз редактировалось denisgrim; 23.06.2012 в 22:09.

[7]мегаэксперт Аватар для Evgendalf
    Фуу, трэш какой.. Не понимаю, зачем было морочиться с моделью и латексом, если получился "крашеный пенопласт".

[2]заинтересованный Аватар для Ефим
    Мне одному кажется, что образ навеян "Мороком над Инсмаутом" Г.Ф. Лавкравфта?))

[7]мегаэксперт
    еще одна водная тварь
    Чудовище Тёмной лагуны кажется.

Ваши права