Показано с 1 по 8 из 8

Тема: Голова Алиена (Чужого) МНОГО ФОТОК!

[7]мегаэксперт

Голова Алиена (Чужого) МНОГО ФОТОК!

I started off with blowing up a good profile image of the original & using it as a rough template. I then made a hardboard armature, then pinned insulation foam to the armature & then carved the foam into the shape above. From there I started adding detail with the pipework & I'm using Newplast clay for the rest.
    The Newplast happened to be available at my local artshop & it turns out its free from sulphur so I should'nt have any funny reactions from the silicon (hopefully).

The shape of the mouth has changed a little bit as its progressed & yes there are two too many teeth in the bottom jaw, thats deliberate as I've made the front teeth slightly smaller & closer together, I've also added more detail to the sides of the jaw as I've gone along.

With regards to the top of the head I wanted it to look right as a complete thing so I've started by roughing out the outer shell & when thats shaped up I'll start work on the bit underneath. At the moment I've just got the bottom jaw to a standard I'm happy with so I'm ready to take a mould from it so it can be reproduced in resin, I can then handle it without leaving marks in it & I can start to scuplt the underside of the head & neck to it.

I've bought a kilo of Repsil E30 with a thickener to use on the jaw to mould it & I'm intending to brush it on all over & then use a cut line & a resin shell & separate it into two peices.

The last pic show's the jaw textured, I lightly brushed white spirit over the surface & then textured it with a brush & a sponge.

The foam.... theres not much too it really, I'd say its the easiest bit.
    Its meant for loft insulation, comes in sheets 50mm (2") thick with foil either side. Its not ideal really, blue foam (styro foam) is better.
    The foam I used is very fragile, dusty but cheap. It cuts very easily with a kitchen knife & you can sand it very easily. Once I'm happy with the shape I used PVA to seal it which works well & makes it alot tougher however once its PVA'd its not so easy to sand & makes a bit of a mess if you try.
    Sealing it also allows things like car body filler & clay to stick to it.

Shaping it is very quick, I cut the parts out of the sheet oversized slightly, peel the foil off & then I just cut a little off at a time untill I was nearly where I wanted it to be & then sanded it smooth. I didn't try to do the whole thing in one peice...I made up the lower part of the head in 4 sections, after I'd shaped them I glued two sections together to make 1 for either side. I used PVA to glue them together (not ideal but sort of works) & I used 12" kebab sticks to pin the parts to the armature & to reinforce the glued parts.

Thats about it really with the foam, Hope that helps.

Edit, Heres a pic showing it with the top of the head off:

you can see the foam sections one either side & there temporarily help in place with the kebab sticks. The upper jaw required something a little more substantial than just the foam when I started adding weight to the lower jaw so I made that part from stainless steel sheet.

my silicon (repsil E30) will be here in a couple of day's & I'm hoping to get right on moulding the jaw.

I cant afford to cock this up so I need to get it right first time.

Can any of you moulding guru's offer any tips or constructive critisism with with regards to the moulding process & materials I'm intending to ues??

Heres some more pic's of the jaw :

I'm intending to brush the silicon on all over & then use a cut line from the chin, down both sides, arround the tube mountings at the rear & across the throat with the intention of pouring a solid cast from the areas that are currently in yellow.

Yeh I made the teeth out of car body filler & then painted them with white enamal gloss paint, using enamal seemed kind of fitting.

Heres an early pic of the teeth:

Миниатюры Миниатюры Нажмите на изображение для увеличения. 

Название:	289.jpg 
Просмотров:	856 
Размер:	47.8 Кб 
ID:	7185  
    Последний раз редактировалось denisgrim; 24.06.2012 в 10:52.

[7]мегаэксперт

& heres the foam & the tool that does most of the work:

I still have alot of shaping On the upper body & I need to add more foam, its in its rough cut state at the moment but its what I had in mind.
    He's going to be leaning forward slightly rather than just posed in an upright stand.

Leaning forward a bit more....

It does look better with the head on:

I managed to salvage the mould but the original jaw didnt fair so well:

The mould & the sum of it parts:

I decided to test the mould with very watery plaster of paris & cast this:

After all the trouble I'm quite pleased with how its come out, very little flashing & I'll need to do a little bit of cleaning up on the teeth but otherwise I cant complain.
    I've learned alot through these little mistakes, hopefully next time I'll know what I'm doing

ust another pic with he's new (temporary) plaster jaw fitted:

With that in mind note there are less ribs on the new side pipe than the original although they are the same shape

I'm pleased as punch with this! there are a few bubbles, mostly on the convoluted pipes. The teeth have come out great & the finnish overall is brill. I used talc on the inside of the mould to reduce the bubbles but I guess I'll have to change the way I pour the resin to get the rest of that trapped air out.

The rest as in the syphon pump part I can get on ebay it seems that its a pump made by "Colley" but the part I cant identify seems to be missing from every pump I've looked at so I can only assume its a separate part??

& with he's mouth open:

[7]мегаэксперт

I cant wait to get cracking with the top part of the head & the cowling.

Heres where I'm at so far:

Heres what it looks like after a bit of dry brushing:

I've been experimenting with the texturing & I've come up with a finish I'm quite pleased with.

I've come up with what is basicly a skin texture. I'm happy with this, my reasoning being that the Alien has adopted a few human features so why not some skin texture.
    My method is to put cling film over the work area & then I use a pointy tool to make the larger pores & a few small wrinkles. Then I use a cut down 1/2" brush to stipple smaller pores & finally I press a scotch brite pad on to the surface, all through the cling film.

I've left the cling film on as it has a glossy surface & shows up the detail better for the pic's:

It may seem as if the texture is a little corse atm but after a few coats of paint it should be fine
    I'm real happy with how the texturing is comming out now, so now I know where I'm going with that I had a go at his throat area:

[7]мегаэксперт

The wire in it is steel, cutting it down its length causes it to open up as if it were 6" dia, So theres a fair bit of shaping involved in getting it to fit & look right. The pic shows the off cut & I bought 1 meter so it doesn't need alot.

After glueing it in place I used the caulking to fill the corrugations. I've been refering to it as caulking as in 'builders caulking' but its actually 'Evo-stik decorators flexable filler'. Its water based, so after working it into the gaps etc I sponge off the excess & then run the item under the tap to smooth it all off. The down side to it is the drying time if its thick. It forms a skin fairly quickly though.

I've started putting the clay on the neck, its just roughed out at the moment though:

I've still got the other side to do & I need to think up a good connection between the throat on the neck & the throat under the jaw.

I'll glue this on as is, then cut the main fin off & create a join for it. It means I can carry on sculpting the clay on the neck & flow it into the base of the fin.

Of course, looking at these two shots, I now fully understand your dillema:

It would appear to me, that unless you want to skew the bust, so that the bug has it's head turned, that fin is going to be more or less touching the back of it's head. Have you thought about twisting the pose rather than fighting the fin?

Its all just roughed out at the moment just to see how things look & whether it all works together.

[7]мегаэксперт
    I've always wanted a fullsize ALIEN bust but always hated the solutions the major companies came up with for the lower half.

The HCG one looks like the alien is simply stuck halfway in a table.

The Sideshow one looks "Off" without the shoulder tubes to complete the design. The skinny neck and tiny base make him look wimpy and spindly.

I did always like the 1:4 scale bust that came out a while back. Has a Victorian mounted specimen look to it. Very clean and museum-like.

Your approach probably comes closest to the Sideshow ALIENS bust minus the tubes. The tubes do make it incredibly huge feeling.

or maybe the recent Japanese scale bust-

[7]мегаэксперт
    I've made the base a little bigger & added some convoluted pipe, theres still alot more to do on the base though.
    I've made up the other pauldron in foam & fitted it & I've started laying up his left hand side with clay:

He now has an inside to his mouth.
    I thought I'd better do it as I made his jaw open further & you can see right in there:

Edit:

Heres a couple of better pic's:

Before

After

I've also been reshaping, smoothing & texturing some other area's:

& lastly, your thoughts on the wrinkles? I quite like them but I'm not sure they need to be there & do they look ok sculpture wise??

Heres a couple of better pic's of the wrinkles, this is as far I've gone with them & there only in this area both sides:

I think they're quite subtle really & by the time theres a couple of layers of paint on it all they will hopefully just notice on a close inspection

[7]мегаэксперт
    I've spent the last two days re-sculpting the spines. I had to bend them all up a bit to caulk the convoluted tubing & I wasn't happy with the shape of the side parts of the spines anyway. I also needed to extend them all the way to the back again after I removed them at the rear to re-shape the back of the head.

Heres the result:

I'm quite happy with them now

Dome element came from this photo-

[7]мегаэксперт
    That was from an exhibit a couple years ago in Frankfurt.

Giger Work Catalog - Exhibition at the German Film Museum, 2009

Lots of good photos to be found of this exhibit.

Heres another pic of the Rambaldi head. It was in better condition here but had already started to break down:

Heres the dome being fomed: